Menu

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dove Hunting {Goal}



Last weekend Jeff went on his first Dove Hunt with my brother Matt.

By the number of trips he made to Academy and the amount of gear he bought for this hunt, you would have thought he was going on an African Safari.

His goal: to come home with at least one bird.

He came home with 3 birds* (2 over his goal!) which once they are all cleaned and cooked, that meat will serve as a great appetizer for Blake one night this week.

He spent $80 on ammunition. $20 on a dove bucket. $35 on camo gear. Plus, the dove decoys were on clearance for $7 and I only had to single parent for 2 days, so I'm sure you are thinking what I'm thinking - -

Totally Worth It!**

Single Parenting is HARD, but I managed to get all four kids to Davis' baseball practice on Friday night and four kids to Davis' baseball game on Saturday morning (mostly on time). The good thing about having the two little guys tag a long to baseball games is that 10 year old girls flock to me to help out.



This is Maryane and Nate.

I met her that night.

She like loves babies A LOT and she's like reeeeaally good at caring for them. And when her little sister was like a lot younger, she helped out her mom like all the time.

So when she asked me if she could hold Nathan during practice, I was like UHM - YEA!

---------------------------------------------------

*Jeff would like me to clarify that he actually shot and killed 5 birds, but he lost 2. I would hate for there to be any confusion.

** I am not complaining about Jeff's guys weekend. Not at all. In fact, I am going to have my own girls time this weekend for Kel's bachelorette party.

No comments: