Menu

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Mega Brain

Hayden informed me last night that he has a “mega-brain”.

“Davis and Dad might have mega-muscles, but I have a mega-brain," he said, without a single attempt to hide his boastfulness.

“A mega- brain? What’s that?” I asked.

He then went on to tell me that it means he is really (with strong emphasis on really) smart.

Apparently, there are four parts to his brain. Inside is a plethora of information, including, but not limited to: a detailed inventory system of his toys and when they were received, every last character on Star Wars, and trivial facts too, like his exact location when he ate M&M’s for the first time three years ago.

After describing exactly what and how a mega-brain works, he explained that Dad has half of a mega brain, which is also very, very good.

Something I guess I should add to the list of reasons to keep my husband.

From all of the compliments I've previously received from Hayden, I should have known not to ask the next question.

But I just had to know.

Do I have a mega brain? Or at the very least, a half a mega brain like Dad?

I hadn’t even finished my sentence and he was shaking his head no.

“So Davis has mega-muscles. You have a mega-brain. Dad has half of a mega-brain. And I have nothing?” I asked, incredulously.

He sat and thought for a moment. Intently looking me over.

I contemplated letting him off the hook as silence filled the room, him still gazing back at me with his big blue eyes.





“You have Mega! INVISIBLE! Muscles!!!” he exclaimed.

“Ahhh yes, the invisible muscles,” I nodded in agreement. “That coupled with my unique ability to run at the same pace as I walk is what got me where I am today.”

4 comments:

Aunt Amy said...

That is too cute :)

Mica said...

LOL! You knew better than to ask, but his response is priceless.

kelbel said...

Oh my...seriously that made me LAUGH OUT LOUD! i love my haybay!

Martha and Stephen Stadler said...

For what it is worth, I think you have at least half of a mega brain.