Menu

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Overheard in the Kindergarten Room

The boys go to a school that has a zero tolerance policy for weapons, chewing gum, low grade fevers, and flip flops.

And for the most part, I (we) abide by these rules.

Minus the incident last week when I was forced to create my own “picture-day-exemption” and lift the ban on flip flops after realizing how awful worn out tennis shoes look with cute plaid shorts.

Or the occasional “preventive” dose of Tylenol.

But I digress.

I just had to laugh when I overheard the following exchange while observing a rather innocent game of Duck, Duck, Goose on the playground.

Kid #1: Duck….Duck….Duck
Circling. Patting. Circling. Patting…for in all honesty, what felt like hours.

Kid #2 (sitting in the circle): Pow! Pow!
as he raises two fingers and shoots at the “goose”

Teacher #1 & Teacher #2: (in shouting unison)
NO GUNS!
NO GUNS!
WE DO NOT BRING GUNS TO SCHOOL!
WEAPONS ARE DANGEROUS AND SHOULD BE LEFT AT HOME!
NO GUNS EVER!

EVER! Teacher #3 reiterated!

Kid #2: Not even HAND guns???

Teacher #1 & Teacher #2: NO!!!! Especially Not HAND guns!

1 comment:

Aunt Amy said...

I've just got to share that with my teacher friends ... they will get a kick out of this :) Love you guys :)