Pineapple Upside Down Cake
baked for Jeff and Amy's Birthday Bash
Four things to note
1. I forgot to take pictures of the process.
2. But don't fret because it really wasn't
as good as Jeff and I had hoped for.
3. The "Birthday Bash" consisted of 7 adults and 6 kids
and pre-made Jimmy John's sandwiches (Jeff's current fave).
4. Here is the recipe in case you don't believe me.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices in juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1 jar (6 oz) maraschino cherries without stems, drained
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- Vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
2. Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
3. Bake 42 to 48 minutes (44 to 53 minutes for dark or nonstick pan) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake 5 minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake; remove pan. Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool. Store covered in refrigerator. Pin It Now!