Menu

Friday, January 7, 2011

One Hundred Forty Nine: Burrito

I have my strengths, but baby-burrito-wrapping is not one of them. Which is why this task distinctly falls under Jeff's Area of Responsibility if he is anywhere nearby.

In the picture above, Blake is wrapped in a plain receiving blanket...which is so 2005. It's Twenty Eleven now, and there are blankets that serve only this purpose and promise MIRACLES. Kelly loaned us one but I am still undecided on whether or not I prefer the new fangled blankets that GUARANTEE YOUR BABY WILL NOT GET LOOSE. 

It's not that it doesn't work, and I know that swaddling is the supposedly the answer to any and every baby problem, but I just feel so guilty when we use it. Like we are putting him in a straight jacket on the way to the insane asylum.

Obviously, he doesn't seem to mind the restrictions.

3 comments:

Laney said...

He sure is a happy little guy. I agree with you about swaddling, I never really felt like they could be comfortable.

Cute pic!
Love you,
Mom

Betty said...

That picture makes me feel like I'm in a straight jacket and I want to pull his arms out for him! But, at least he is smiling and doesn't seem to mind it.

Kim said...

totally agree with you on those new swaddle blankets. i did it once for drew and i felt really guilty about it...i took it off after a few minutes!