Menu

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

One Hundred Twenty Three: Decaf

Davis is our adventurous eater / drinker.
He loves to try anything we have on our plate.
So it comes as no surprise that he loves COFFEE!
And loves doing "Cheers" with it.

(I'm not sure why we even taught him CHEERS...it's not like Jeff and I have a nightly toast.)

When we are at a restaurant and Davis hears one of us order coffee, he insists on having his very own cup.
I then spend the next thirty minutes making sure that everyone within earshot hears me saying it's DECAF.

LOOK DAD! HE SURE LOVES HIS DECAF COFFEE, DOESN'T HE?
GOOD THING THAT IS NOT REAL COFFEE, OR HE WOULD BE WIRED!

(Ironic because I don't worry about looking like a bad mom when he orders Diet Coke.)

2 comments:

Aunt Amy said...

Davis is just like his Dad ... he eats everything and tries all new food ... his Dad use to drink coffee with caffeine all the time ... he also use to like to put CoffeeMate in it just like his Grandma (Mom's mom)... just like Dad :)

Grandma Lyle said...

Coffee is definitely a big habit in our family. Coffee Time was a BIG tradition in my family when I was a kid so I was drinking coffee by the time I could walk. Seems like a few of those genes have been passed down.