Menu

Friday, May 8, 2009

Infectious

A week or so before this whole swine flu craziness spread like wildfire (or did it spread like the typical flu?), our house became infected with another miserable case of pink eye.

We must be over twenty now.

Twenty being the number of times these boys have managed to bring this bug home. But this time he looked more like he’d been in a bar fight than caught a case of conjunctivitis.

I have the benefit of working from home on days like that, which is nice. But I will say that the only thing worse than having a sick baby with pink eye, is having a sick baby with pink eye follow you around the house all day begging! and pleading! could I please complete this Rubiks Cube.

Oh, the moping!

He was looking up at me with his big puppy dog bar fighting eyes and asking in a tone that indicated if I could only fix this Rubiks Cube real quick, his life would be so much better.

One problem.

I don’t have a mega brain. Not even half of one. And mega-invisible muscles don’t provide the skill set needed to complete a Rubiks Cube. It is on my life to-do list but seems to move further down the list each time I pick one up.

So I was left with the logical solution; explaining to Davis that as much as I wanted to, I just didn’t know how to fix it.

Which as you can imagine, went over well with Mr. One Track Mind.

Fortunately for my kids, Jeff is up next in the stay-at-home-for-sick-children rotation, and he does in fact know how to complete a Rubiks Cube.

No comments: