Menu

Friday, May 9, 2008

The Mom Survey

I received this sheet of paper for mother’s day. I found it on Hayden’s school clip, rolled up with a bow wrapped around it. Once I finally got around to opening it up, I walked back inside the daycare to tell his teacher how much I absolutely love it!

This has to be the best school inspired Mother’s Day gift yet…so much better than the ceramic plate with the hand print, or the potted plant that I typically kill before the week is over.

This one sheet of paper proves that Hayden is just like his Dad…meaning he listens about 50% of the time. I do love ‘Big Brother’, but I’m not sure where ravioli would come in on my list of favorite foods. I do take pride in the fact that he at least notices how much freaking laundry I do.

Photobucket

I decided that this was such a good idea, I would pay it forward. So, for you mom, here is how well I know YOU!

What is your mom’s name?
Answer: Keith / Elaine / Laney / Mimi / Miss / Hank

What does she do?
Answer: Teaches the Fighting Farmers, and serves as the President of the Sunshine Committee. She also does the laundry, the dishes, the grocery shopping, the cooking, and even puts my Dad’s food on his plate. She’s been known to roof a house, re-tile a kitchen, and help carry in large appliances. I once called her lazy when I was a stubborn teenager, and I think it was the only time in my life I was grounded. Sorry Mom. You’re not lazy.

How old is she?
Answer: 32. Forever 32.

What does Daddy call Mom?
Answer: Lis…Laney

What is her favorite color?
Answer: Teal and hot pink. Preferably in stripes.

What is her favorite food?
Answer: Fajitas. Chile Rellenos. Chips and Hot Sauce. But her favorite restaurant is Salt Grass, where she orders the Maudeen’s filet. She’s starting a diet tomorrow.

What is her favorite movie?
Answer: Gone with the Wind. She also loves American Idol. And for the record, she wants the “little David” to win. But doesn’t think he will be all that successful if he does.

How many brothers and sisters does she have?
Answer: Two sisters. She wasn’t lucky enough to have a brother to toot on her face like I was.

Where does she take you for fun?
Answer: On a shopping trip with a Sonic happy hour drink stop somewhere along the way.

What message do you want to send her for Mother’s Day?
Answer: Happy Mother’s Day Mom! You are truly my best friend. I love you! See how well I know you?

No comments: