Menu

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Minor Setback...

Minor setback this week when Hayden tried to bring in his Triceratops stuffed animal dinosaur for 'Letter T' week and was turned away and told it was just a toy, not a 'T' item.

Anyway, Hayden was totally defeated when I picked him up Monday afternoon. Sobbing that he didn't get to present his T item. He recounts the story to me and how he even told them it was not just a dinosaur. It was a Triceratops...Ta...Ta...Tops....and that Tops starts with 'T'. But he was rejected at circle time. Told to put it in his cubby.

I consoled him and told him not to worry about it. I would take care of it the next day.

Tuesday morning I walked in to Room 17 and in a stern, yet respectful manner, I'm all, "Ms. Annie, Hayden wants to share his Triceratops for the letter T today" with a level of confidence like I knew the difference between a triceratops and a something-o-saurus...like I didn't just read it off of the Build-A-Bear tag.

Ms. Annie was all, "Uh, okay" in a matter-of-fact, no-big-deal tone. But that's all it took. I knew she knew I knew...that poor Spikey (that's the dinosaur's name) had been referred to as "just a toy" only a day before.

Ha! We showed her!

Sidenote: Should it have really mattered anyway, since technically 'toy' starts with the letter T?

Yep. That's right. I am turning into that parent. That parent that defends their child 'til the end. So sue me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is okay to be "that" parent when they are right. But remember they are not always right (this is coming from the teacher in me not the mom or Mimi).