Menu

Friday, December 7, 2007

Accomplishments and Accolades

If you don’t like parents that brag about their kids, this is the blog to skip. I'll even provide a link to one of my favorite websites:
http://www.dilbert.com/
However, if you don’t mind a tad of motherly pride…carry on.

I present to you exhibit A:


This may look like a typical “two’s communication” to you…however, when I look at it, I see a monthly raise. Let me explain…that tiny little acronym ‘BM’ circled in the middle of the page represents how much closer we are to saving approximately $50 per month on diapers.
For those of you who can’t keep up with the math…
Circled ‘BM’ in the toilet column = $50 savings = new Coach purse

Davis is still doing great potty training. Tonight, a whole roll of toilet paper had to be fished out of the toilet…but hey, you can’t sweat the small stuff. One recent evening, he didn’t get to the potty in time and surprised us both when he exclaimed “STINKY BRITCHES!” It always cracks me up to hear phrases that he picks up from school.

Next, let’s review exhibit B:

Is it too early to send this in for a scholarship application? I mean seriously…if Texas A&M can’t see the talent in the way he makes his capital Y– it’s probably not the school for him anyway. The four-year old class has actually done wonders for Hayden’s writing skills. He’s mastered his name and loves to draw and trace. The trick is to let him stay up late to do his homework. At that point, the goal of stalling bedtime takes over and he will do just about anything I ask him to do. And for the record, when I say homework, it isn’t an exaggeration. It is wearing me out. As if working forty hours a week (give or take) isn’t hard enough….I now have to bring in a shoebox – review the composition notebook - dress Hayden in the color of the day - draw five things that start with the letter D – remember it’s bike day for Davis – and show & tell day for both of them - the list never ends. I’m not complaining, just sayin’… it would be easier to do if I had a blackberry (hint, hint Jeff).

All this homework led me to a side note that has been bothering me for a while now. Last week, when we were drawing the 5 ‘C’ pictures, I realized something. There is no need for the letter C….just think about it. Any sound the C can make, the S and the K could do better. Imagine the alphabet with only 25 letters in it...easier to learn…divisible by 5…something to think about if anyone ever thinks about re-vamping the English language.

No comments: