Menu

Monday, November 20, 2006

Do You Fart In Your Cup?

Yea, it’s kind of a tacky title, but it’s straight out of the mouth of a three year old. It’s the highlight of this month's edition and you can read more about it below.

This week at work is going to be pretty uneventful. My boss and my boss’s boss are both out of the office (or ‘OOO’ as Jeff refers to it as…just email him and check it out). Jeff is 'OOO' this week so that he can put the Christmas tree and decorations up. I will be 'OOO' on Wednesday to start cooking. Since it’s been awhile, let’s start with a betcha’ didn’t know section.

Betcha Didn’t Know #11: I am obsessed with list making. As I drafted up the menu for Thursday’s feast what has to be the fourth time in the last week, I came to this realization. We are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year, and in preparation, I am making lists right and left. I don’t know how many times I need to remind myself that we need black olives for the relish tray (especially since I have already bought them). I distinctly remember the day I found out Kellie was also an obsessive compulsive list-maker. We talked about our master lists, and our subsidiary lists, and I knew it was friendship for life.

Betcha Didn’t Know #12: I hate surprises. It’s not that I don’t like being surprised. I just don’t like knowing a surprise is coming in the next month and I am left to wonder about it every second of the day. That being said, Jeff loves watching me squirm. Yesterday, he had to go shopping to get me a ‘surprise’. Then he proceeded to come home, tell me the surprise is hidden in his trunk and I would never find the keys, no matter how hard I tried. Which only means one thing…he wants me to look for the keys, right? So I spent an entire 2 hours last night looking for the keys. Never found them. It was very productive, I tell you. Then he said I could ask 20 questions and he would answer them honestly. This just ended in a fight.
Lisa: Can you eat it? (naturally, the first question)
Jeff: you could, but I don’t know if you would want to….
Lisa: Would a reasonable person eat it? (realizing now he is playing games)
Jeff: it might make them sick…
Lisa: YOU’RE NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS FAIRLY!
It only got better when he whispered the secret surprise to Hayden and told him to call me a ‘donut head’ every time I asked him about it (*still have no idea where “donut head” came from). Anyway, the moral of the story is this…if you are going to surprise me, go ahead; just don’t tell me about it in advance. And if anyone has any ideas of something you could eat, but it might make you sick, you could put it inside or outside, you could hang or not hang…let me know. I figure with clues like that, someone should be able to figure it out.

Happy Birthday Peyton!
I can’t believe it has already been a year since the adorable Peyton Andrew made his debut into the world. Last weekend we celebrated his first birthday party. He loved the cake, and there are plenty of pictures to prove it. Every time we are around Peyton, we wonder what it would be like to have a child as easy-going and laid back as him. Seriously, I love my kids, and I probably wouldn’t describe them as high-strung unless they are in a room with Peyton. Nothing bothers him. If Davis just *thinks* someone is going to take a toy from him, he lets the world know his unhappiness with a high pitched scream. Anyway, Happy Birthday Peyton. I hope you are as content and happy as you are right now, for the rest of your life!

Do you fart in your cup?
Hayden has learned to “fart in his cup”. It’s a noise he makes when drinking out of a cup, and he is adamant that Ms. Vicki and Ms. Patty taught him this. Jeff and I are hopeful that this is not the case, and that our $210/week is going to better use than that.

The future David Copperfeild…
Davis has already learned at the ripe old age of ONE how to outsmart his older brother. He is determined that everything that Hayden has is better. 99% of the time, this is not true. They could both be holding the exact same toy car, and Davis would want to switch. However, in the morning, when it comes to sippy cups, Davis is right…Hayden’s sippy cup is better. Hayden’s sippy cup has “clocklate milk” in it. Davis’ has whole milk. We had learned our lesson that we gave Hayden chocolate milk way too early, so we were trying to wait another year or so before introducing Davis to the greatness of chocolate milk. Well, about 2 weeks ago, Davis found us out. Now, somehow every morning without being spotted, Davis is able to pull a switch-a-roo on the sippy cups. We have no idea how or when he does this but Jeff and I have quit worrying about it because we figure if he can outwit his brother, he deserves the chocolate milk more anyway.

Santa is coming to town (in tune)
It’s that time of year for Christmas, which only means one thing…it’s that time of year to start threatening…uh, I mean reminding…the kids that Santa is always watching. This came in handy last night when we were at the mall. We were going to go take pictures with Santa, but then we realized that it was getting late and the kids weren’t dressed all that cute anyway, so we pulled the “Since you didn’t eat all of your dinner tonight, this probably isn’t the best night to go visit Santa and ask him for toys. Maybe we should just stop by his house and wave to him, instead.” So that’s what we did, but by the time we made it all the way across the mall, Santa had already called it a night.

No comments: