Menu

Friday, February 17, 2006

The early worm gets eaten by the bird...

That is my life motto, and in this respect Jeff and I are polar opposites.

My most difficult part of the day is the morning. It has always been the morning. Having kids definitely doesn’t solve this problem. It isn’t just the timing issue of getting myself ready and getting the kids ready. It is more about remembering everything AND the kitchen sink that we have to take to school and work. On a typical Monday morning, you can see me bringing in 3 bottles, formula, a backpack with extra underwear for Hayden, a nap-mat, my workout bag (on a good week) and breakfast du jour for Hayden (usually a breakfast bar or oh-so-healthy doughnuts).

Ironically, I pride myself in time management and efficiency. I may not always be on time, but Jeff is amazed that 9 times out of 10, I can tell you the exact minute we will arrive at our destination when we leave the house. It is a great talent, and you would think that skill would go hand in hand with being on time, but you can’t have it all. At least I know when I leave the house, how many minutes late I will be (give or take 20 seconds).

No comments: