Menu

Friday, February 17, 2006

The Big Event

Today, February 17th, 2006, is a monumental event for Hayden. Today is his first show and tell. I was much more excited about it than he was. Since they are learning the letter ‘S’, the guidance was to bring in something that started with the letter ‘S’. If you know me well at all, you know that I have a bit of a competitive streak to me. So Hayden has brought in Spiderman Slippers. Ha! Double S. Not to be outdone! When I dropped him off, and Ms. Ashley asked what he brought for show and tell, we matter-of-factly answered “spiderman slippers”. Then I put on my best “oh, I didn’t even think of that” face when I heard one of the moms across the room say, “Oh wow, Double ‘S”. Pat on the back Lisa. Just for the record, Jeff actually came up with the idea, and we had an argument about who gets credit this morning when I announced what “I had thought of for show and tell” to Hayden. It appears both of us are a bit competitive.

Oh and FYI: Could everyone please put Thomas the Train on their prayer list. I don’t know the details, but it seems Hayden was concerned enough to mention him in last night’s prayers. No big surprises other than that.

No comments: