Menu

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 4: Fun

I've contemplated not sharing the following video because it displays
what is perhaps my most inconsistent parenting moves of all time.

I really struggle with the kids climbing on the furniture.

Scratch that!

Climbing on EVERYTHING.

And depending on my mood, I'm either

HAYDEN!  GET! OFF! THE! COUCH!

or

Wow! That was a really good move! Do it again so I can take a video.

I think I struggle with disciplining for climbing because I used to love to play the
Hot Lava game when I was a kid.

You know the one, right?

You can't touch the ground because it's hot lava/a swamp filled with alligators/quick sand/etc. etc.

 And not to brag, but I could totally get all the way from the living room to my bedroom
 using only a washrag as a magic lily pad (invincible from the hot lava).

All that to say that if you are ever at our house and a nearby volcano erupts, filling our living room with Hot Lava,
Don't Fret! There's a way out!


How could I not share Hayden's stealth-like Spiderman skills?

So, are we alone here?

4 comments:

Betty said...

Great job Hayden. That's funny. You are letting boys be boys! There is nothing wrong with that!

Fun Kellie said...

OH MY WORD....that is by far the funniest thing I've seen lately...and does NOT surprise me. That boy has scared me from the minute he could crawl on his 'abilities' to climb anything and everything. Love it!! Well, he wouldn't get away with that if i were around but it cracks me up! so fun!

Ashley McWhorter said...

You are definitely NOT alone!!! Our couches...and the whole house for that matter...might as well be a dang jungle gym! :)

Kathy said...

I loved this video so much and was talking about playing the video at the bachelorette party. Kellie "thought" I recommended we actually play hot lava at the party - lol. She was honestly planning out her strategy inside my house for a few seconds before she realized I was just talking about playing the video. Oh my - we are wild and crazy I tell ya!