Menu

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

One Hundred Thirty: Christmas Decorating Part II

It normally takes us a few hours to get all of the indoor decorations out of the attic and put up. This year it took us a solid two days.

On Day 1, just the tree went up (thanks to Jeff) and then when it came to my part of the deal (the ornaments and decor) I sort of got tired.

So I went to bed instead (secretly wondering if Jeff was right about the Christmas-decorating-baby-exemption rule), but thinking hoping I would have more energy the next morning.

And then that night Blake had other plans for how we should spend our family time between the hours of 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. so the next morning, Jeff and I took our time getting up.

Unfortunately, the two older boys have an internal alarm clock set at exactly 6:20 a.m. or 10 minutes before our alarm clock goes off, whichever comes first.

(For those of you not up to speed on the Cartoon Network, BeyBlade comes on at 6:30 a.m. and no one can convince Hayden to sleep in because of the great invention of the DVR).

Anyway, on this particular morning, I awoke to the sound of the boys in the living room, giggling away, decorating the tree by themselves. They were so proud of themselves and the fact that they "only broke one but had already fixed it." Once they saw me and the camera, they declared the tree fully decorated (as seen below).

The sad part was that I was still so exhausted, I almost agreed with them.

**Please don't turn us into CPS for leaving them unattended with a 12' ladder in the living room.
Although it's not the smartest thing we have done as parents, we were tired.
Plus we've have done extensive OSHA training in our household so they never went higher than the third rung (as evidenced by the highest ornament).

1 comment:

GrandPa Lyle said...

Wow, you guys have that OSHA training down pat. And I see Blake has got it all under control too! He is learning well. And where was Hayden in all this?