Menu

Monday, November 1, 2010

One Hundred One: Tours and Shopping Sprees

Tonight Jeff and I did something we've never done before.

We went on a hospital tour.

Kellie and Mica took the kids for a belated birthday celebration and shopping spree. That in and of itself is a little nerve racking to a parent...allowing your kids to wander through a toy store with non-family members to pick out a toy. Will they say thank you? Will they obey? Will they ask for the most expensive toy? Will Davis try to count how many words he can rhyme with Witch?

It seems impossible to prepare your kids for that situation. It's like a kid in a candy store WITHOUT THEIR PARENTS!

So instead of worrying about the endless things they could say or do that could make us look like bad parents, I chose to just get excited about our little Monday Night Date Night.

Jeff and I split some sushi (only fully cooked, of course) and topped the night off with ice cream from Paciugo.

Delish!

But since we are typically eating with 2 kids who could turn on us at any given moment, we have a really bad habit of shoveling our food in...completing an average meal in less than 30 minutes. On this particular night, the wait staff must have been really slow, because our food was out fast and we were able to beat our BEST time by about 10 minutes.

So with time to spare, we decided to go visit the hospital where I will be delivering Blake. Every Monday night from 6:30-7:30 they offer an open house, and while that seems interesting, to be honest, I secretly hoped that I could just sneak into one of the empty L&D rooms and convince a nurse into giving me some Pitocin.

No such luck.

In fact, the tour really did nothing for me other than make me a little more nervous. I think my earlier strategy was smarter. Ignorance is bliss.

But I did find out that the husbands are fed 3x a day and on the last night there is a steak and lobster celebration dinner. Plus the husband bed/recliners are now 7 feet long.


If it wasn't for those darn contractions, it would almost be like that time we went to a Sandals Resort.

1 comment:

Aunt Amy said...

Glad to know JJ will have a long enough bed :) You two are too cute :) It's almost time for the family of five. :) Just think when you go out to eat and they ask how many you can just hold up your hand ... no reason to say words anymore :)