Menu

Thursday, November 11, 2010

One Hundred Eleven: Homework & Parades

Mimi recently asked me how my life was adjusting to having a baby back in the house. My immediate response: other than the whole lack of sleep thing, babies are easy.

It's first graders and their darn homework and never ending projects that are hard.

If we are not studying for a spelling test or doing the weekly reading journal, we are dressing up a paper turkey like a superhero, or creating a costume for the annual vocabulary parade.

NEVER ENDING.
Hayden's vocabulary word this year: CUBE.

Since Blake and I had a conflict that morning (a newborn photo shoot), I sent Jeff and Davis to the parade so Hayden wouldn't be the only parent-less child (people take this vocabulary parade very seriously!).

This is the one picture that was on the camera when they returned from the parade.
Thank God I sent him. Can you imagine if we didn't have the actual parade documented?

And just when I thought we were going to get a little reprieve, I opened the Thursday folder and read a note that said, "Next Tuesday is the 1st grade Turkey Strike. We look forward to seeing your little one dressed up like a turkey." SERIOUSLY?

Wish us luck.

2 comments:

GrandPa Lyle said...

The "cube" turned out Great. Can’t wait to see what is dished out for next Tuesday. Seriously.

I think the parents will pass first grade!

Grandma Lyle said...

You are a very crafty family. The cube was so cute. Good luck on the turkey.