Menu

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sixteen: Wrought Iron Balusters

This is the after picture of the wrought iron balusters we installed. I wasn't smart enough to take a before picture, but I am sure I have one somewhere on the blog if you search.

These were 100% installed by Jeff and me. And in this case, I DO NOT use the term "we" loosely. I played a very active role in this project. My role was actually the remover of the old balusters, which, like everything else, seemed much simpler on the surface.

I signed up for that role before I knew that Every Single Step had a three double ended screws in them.
Meaning screws that had to be unscrewed using either a pipe wrench or pliers.
Meaning I couldn't even use a automatic drill or even a screw driver.
Meaning I HAD BLISTERS ALL OVER MY HAND.

I now know more than I ever thought I would about stairs, balusters, newels, patterns, epoxy, and DOUBLE ENDED SCREWS.

But the good news is that if the Finance thing doesn't work out for us, we can always start a stair remodeling company.

1 comment:

Aunt Amy said...

You could both do home remodeling easy ... I have seen the paint and stairs ... awesome job :)