Menu

Saturday, July 19, 2008

On Texting...

I finally feel like I am almost caught up on all of my blogging notes from the last month. You can thank the big presentation that I should be practicing for all the blogs. It is much easier to procrastinate by blogging rather than preparing my speech.

Here's a few extra notes and bullets that didn't fit in elsewhere...

-We recently had the opportunity to spend time with Kellie's niece Megan when she came into town to visit. She is 7 years old and a real helper. Hayden adores her. But I couldn't help but laugh when she had to run to the restroom, and asked if I would mind "watching Hayden" while she was gone. I, of course, obliged.

-Hayden recently asked Mimi why she doesn't have any kids of her own. Which tells me I need to work a little harder on the whole 'family tree' thing.

-I officially became a member of the fuddy-dud club the other day when I found myself standing in the middle of Wal-Mart asking to speak with the manager. What had me so riled up, you ask?? The fact that my cashier had just sent three text messages in the process of my 5 minute check out. I'll tell you what young Wal-Mart associates...you better be glad I am not running that place...because if I were, you would all be turning your cell phones into a basket when you clocked in. Remember the days where people would actually help load your groceries into your car?? I swear. Texting is the fall of society. The store manager just half nodded and said he would take care of it. As I walked out, I wanted so badly to turn around and see if he was really "taking care of it." But in all reality, that's probably when he pulled his new 3g iPhone out of his pocked and sent a text to the cashier on Register 26 that said, 'the crzy old ldy u jst chkd out says u txt 2 much.'

:::stepping off soap box now:::

No comments: