Menu

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Am I That Deceiving?

Lately, Hayden seems to be trusting us less each day. It seems we are interrogated about everything now...from when we are going to eat our next meal, to how many exact minutes until we are going to the pool. Here's an example:

Mom: Tomorrow we are going to Six Flags with Megan.
Hayden: You mean when I go to sleep?
Mom: Yes, as soon as you wake up.
Hayden: You mean when I wake up we are going?
Mom: Yes, as soon as you wake up.
Hayden: You mean after breakfast?
Mom: Yes, we are meeting her for breakfast and then we will go to Six Flags.
Hayden: You mean I won't go to school?
Mom: No, you won't be going to school. We are going to Six Flags instead.
Hayden: You mean it is a stay-at-home day?
Mom: Yes, except we won't be staying at home. We're going to Six Flags.
Hayden: You mean tomorrow?
Mom: Yes. I mean tomorrow. Tomorrow!! WE ARE GOING TO SIX FLAGS TOMORROW. WHEN YOU WAKE UP TOMORROW. WE WILL GO EAT BREAKFAST. TOMORROW. THEN WE WILL GO TO SIX FLAGS. NOT SCHOOL. THE DAY AFTER WE GO TO SLEEP. TOMORROW!

That's when I have to question myself.
Have I told him one too many things that I didn't live up to?
Did I already reach capacity in the number of times I have said "We'll see."
Have I done something that lead him to believe that he must confirm the entire agenda before believing the plan?

Either that, or he is just a natural born lawyer...always crafting a seal tight contract to hold us to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure he gets this from his Dad!!!