Menu

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Little Bit Of Nothing...

It’s been a while since I’ve blogged. So long in fact that I can’t make head or tails of the trail of notes I’ve jotted down over the past month or so. I guess that means I have to resort to the tried and true bullet list. If a few of the bullets seem vague, it is probably because I don’t really remember the details behind the story. Or the story at all, for that matter. I’ll start with one of those.
  • Tech / pop... I have no idea what that note could be referring to, but I am sure it was a very funny story at the time. That, my friend, is how memories are lost.

  • Jeff is officially training for a marathon. I think it is in December. He ran in the Race for the Cure a few weeks back and was so disappointed with his time that he moped around for a day or so. My parents gave him a new Garmin GPS watch for his birthday and he spends hours analyzing his runs in the form of charts and graphs. I ran with it the other day and it was one more reality check that I am slow and out of shape. The graph confirmed it, but I probably didn’t need the graph in the first place since I became violently ill that night from heat exhaustion and dehydration. Have I ever mentioned on here that I hate running?

  • Last week, Kellie, Mica, and I had a girls day out at Hurricane Harbor. I felt like I was in high school all over again, but way more mature. We had so much fun. We originally had a bet that if we didn’t lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks we would wear a bikini. But, after week #1, I had to lose 12 pounds to meet the goal…so I convinced them to call off the bet. And for that, I think the people at Hurricane Harbor on June 20th were thankful. Sidenote and my motherly tip of the day: If you have a three day old baby, don’t take them to the nastiness that is Hurricane Harbor. Even I have my limits!

  • My friend from Brazil, Andrea is coming to visit next week. Nothing makes me want to diet more than the thought of lying next to her at the pool. I also want to plan something really fun to do while she is here. She’s traveled to the ends of the earth, so I feel like a visit to the neighborhood pool and the outlet mall will be somewhat of a letdown. Of course, the trip to the outlet mall would probably include a Sonic drink stop, so maybe I am being too hard on myself.

Betcha Didn’t Know # 48 – As a kid, my dream car was a red Chrysler LeBaron convertible. I have no idea why but in my mind it represented the American dream. It’s ironic with all of the cars I have had, that I haven’t ever owned a Chrysler LeBaron. Maybe one day…

Betcha Didn’t Know #49 – I often complain so much about the fact that I have to spend 96 cents for a Dixie cup of coffee at my work that I fail to mention the perks offered and strange factoids at my office. For instance…did you know that all of the wood in the entire building came from a single tree in South America? Did you know that our mail is delivered by robots? They aren’t technically robots in the sense of R2-D2, but they are smart enough to roll around every floor beeping. I am sure they save the secretaries a lot of time. I didn’t think this was all that big of a deal until Matt called me a few years ago demanding an answer about why I had gone so long without telling him this. I guess until then, I just thought it was the norm. And while I am thinking about what is and isn’t the norm, I guess I must also acknowledge that it is probably not the norm at other companies to wait in a line about 50 yards long for 2 free pairs of panties that are guaranteed not to show panty lines. It’s the new jockey for women line. Check them out. Tell your friends.

Betcha Didn’t Know #50 – Somewhere, deep down, in the depths of my brain, I have a delicious recipe that involves crunchy Asian noodles. I didn’t even know this one until I adopted a clean-out-the-pantry task force in the household. After a couple of weeks of eating cans of fruits and vegetables that have been sitting in there since we moved into the house, I found not one…but two cans of crunchy Asian noodles. I have no idea when I bought these. I can’t even think of a reason I would ever need crunchy Asian noodles. So all I can come up with is that somewhere, subconsciously, I have an Asian inspired dish waiting to be uncovered. Any ideas…feel free to comment. Otherwise, I may just dump one of those random cans of water chestnuts on them and call it a meal.

Betcha Didn’t Know #51 (Consider it a bonus since I’ve already hit 50, but it’s something everyone needs to know about me) – I once made a living selling beanie babies. Well, maybe not a “living”, but a fair share of money. I can remember setting up a table on the corner of 1960 and Jeff tagging along as a willing participant. Since I worked at the Hallmark store, I was able to buy all the latest and greatest beanie babies right when they arrived. I guess you could call it arbitrage. I still haven’t figured out why anyone would pay me $170 for a 4” stuffed walrus, but I seized the opportunity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if I missed when Andrea was coming for a visit or not, but a really cool place to visit would be Victory Park...it's by the America Airline Stadium and the W hotel...they even show movies for free at night there. It is suppose to be really cool.