Menu

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happy Mother’s Day!

First came administrative professional day (formerly known as secretary day)….then came mother’s day. The holidays just seem to be flying by this year. On Mother’s day I was treated to a gourmet home cooked breakfast and given my all-time favorite gift—my annual hand-made card. I must share:

Lisa -
Thank you for being my mom. You are the best mom a three and a half year old could ever ask for. I love the way you always take my side in the morning when it is time to get out of bed. The extra five minutes of cuddle time is sooo sweet of you. Especially when I am soooo cold. You are perfect.
Love, H-A-Y-D-E-spiderman

Mommy,
Hi!!! Where is it? Please. Shoe. Uppy. Thank you. Shoe. Bye!!!
Love, Davis

Lisa,
You make a wonderful mother to our kids. There is absolutely not one thing I would ever change about you. God blessed our family when he made you. Thank you so much for being my wife and being mother to our kids. I will love you always.
Love, Jeff

This year the card even had “Happy Mother’s Day” in artistic handwriting on the front. My boys went all out. Although I would love to believe, that there is “not one thing he would ever change about me”, I am thinking that the line in Hayden’s paragraph, “I love the way you always take my side in the morning” could have been meant as a jab. Maybe I am way off-base…it just didn’t sound like Hayden’s wording. Oh well…That 5 extra minutes of cuddle time with Hayden is one of my favorite things about being a Mom, so I will just go on believing Jeff wouldn’t change even that.

Again this year, Mother’s day reminds me to reflect on how truly fortunate Jeff and I both are to have strong, loving mother’s in our life who raised us selflessly in a Christian home. Without their guidance throughout our life, we would not be where we are today. Our family is so truly blessed!

I also want to send a shout out to the brand-new-Momma’s, the soon-to-be Momma’s and the future-Momma’s. You know who you are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cards have me in tears! Your boys are the best. I can't wait to get handmade cards, except my guess is that "Ella" will suggest some things I can do to improve.